Winter is coming! At PAC Home services, we want to make sure your home is ready for it. It’s important to keep your family safe throughout the winter.
Here are some helpful tips to protect your home during the winter
- Call Paul for a heating checkup- Maintaining your equipment is the key to it working properly and lasting longer. We recommend you service your heating system once annually to ensure everything is up to date. The last thing you want is a breakdown in your system in the dead of winter
- Check the batteries on your thermostat and carbon monoxide detector- Many times when these items stop functioning, it can be because of a simple battery switch out. Change them before the season starts to ensure you don’t experience any issues.
- Change your filters- Paul recommends you change your filter on a monthly basis. A dirty filter will cause your HVAC system to work a lot harder because of a decreased air flow.
- Keep your exhaust vents clear – A lot of times during the winter your outside vents could be full of snow or ice from accumulation. Make sure they are clear to avoid any other issues.
It’s recommended you have a service contract with a top HVAC company to come out annually and protect your equipment form future breakdowns.
For just $19.99 a month, you can become a member of the P.A.C family. We will come out annually to check your equipment and keep you and your family safe during the cold winter.
With the rapid spreading of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States for the past year, the world is on high alert to try and find solutions that can stop the spreading and destroy the viruses.
We have a solution that can help improve the air quality and protect you from viruses. It's a virus defense system for your home.
The REME Halo UV Light is a safe and effective way to stop the spread of Viruses. Each day in the world you and your family bring different germs, viruses or other bacteria into your home and this will help kill those bacteria.
According to the Field report, a Certain spectrum of UV light-UVC-has been proven to kill airborne viruses and it does so in a manner that presents no risk to humans. A study conducted by a group of scientists found that UVC had the ability to kill flu viruses when placed in germ-sensitive places like hospitals, airports and schools.
What are some of the benefits of the virus defense system?
• Reduces up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
• REME® reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet
• Unlike portable units that are limited to the room in which they are placed, the REME HALO® provides whole home and building purification
• Easily integrated with your existing HVAC system. The unit doesn’t take away living space and operates silently
By introducing UV light into your airflow and ventilation systems, you will be better prepared to protect yourself from these harmful viruses.
FieldControls.com completed multiple independent lab tests to verify how the UV Light effected viruses and germs and they found out that it reduced test bacteria by 90% within 30 minutes!
If you are interested in this virus defense system you better act fast! Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, these are out of stock almost everywhere!
#CallPaul to get yours before they run out!
Carbon Monoxide is a deadly chemical that can put you and your family at risk. There are ways to prevent it from entering your home but it is important to recognize the dangers of it first. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas but it could potentially damage your health. If anyone is suspected of having Carbon Monoxide poisoning, they need immediate medical care because it can be life threatening. How can this affect your furnace?
According to research, the most common cause of a carbon monoxide leak is a failed or leaking heat exchanger in your gas furnace. Carbon Monoxide can be caused by inhaling combustion fumes. Having a gas furnace can cause an excess of Carbon Monoxide in your home. This can come from your heating and air conditioning system because of the aging and corrosion of the unit. The corrosion in the unit will cause cracks and holes in the burner which eventually releases carbon monoxide.
Having an annual checkup by P.A.C. will help keep your family safe and prevent further issues with your Heating System. Another important tip is to make sure you install a carbon monoxide detector! If you do not own a carbon monoxide detector, you must get one ASAP, as this could one day save your life.
It is recommended you try to put the detector near your furnace system to detect any poisonous chemicals right away. If chemicals like these are released, you are putting your entire family at risk. Call Paul NOW to ensure your safety!
Want to become a member of the P.A.C. family? Click here to find out more!
Like us on Facebook!
There are certain things homeowners can do to try and protect against the COVID-19 virus from spreading in their homes. We want to ensure our customers that PAC is taking the proper precautions when entering homes. We are asking our customer pre-qualifying questions before booking a service call. Our technicians are also making sure to wear the proper equipment when entering a home.
What can you do at home to protect against COVID-19? Paul has some tips for you that can improve the indoor air quality in your home:
- Change your Filter - Filters that are blocked up with dirt or other bacteria will cause unsanitary air to be circulated through your system. If you haven't replaced your filter recently, now is it a good time!
- Thorough HVAC System Cleaning - We recommend you perform a very thorough cleaning to your HVAC system. By using a chemical cleaner, you can potentially kill any blockages or harmful bacteria. It will also allow your system to run more efficiently
- Install a UV Light - The UV light is an effective tool to stop the spread of viruses. A study conducted by a group of scientists found that UV lights had the ability to kill flu viruses when placed in germ-sensitive places such as hospitals, airports, or schools.
- 4. Call Paul! - We are here to PROTECT YOU! If you have any issues at all we will be there right away to take care of it.
This is a very difficult time for everyone but we will get through this together!
The COVID-19 Virus is rapidly spreading across the world. We have multiple cases of it in New York as well on Staten Island. At P.A.C. Plumbing, Heating, & A/C we want to let you know we are taking the proper precautions in order to protect our employees and customers. Our Customer Service Specialists are making sure that they are asking clients qualifying questions before booking a service call.
When clients call in for service, our Customer Service Specialists are making sure that they are asking clients the following questions:
- Have you traveled to a restricted country?
- To the best of your knowledge, have you been in close contact with a person in the last 14 days who may be at risk for the virus?
- Are you or anyone in your home currently sick or not feeling well?
Asking these preliminary questions help our technicians prepare accordingly before walking into a home. We want to ask as many questions as possible before booking a service call to ensure that we aren’t risking the safety of any employee or customer.
When our technicians are walking into a client’s home they are taking the proper precautions. Here are some of the precautions our technicians are taking before they walk into a home:
- They are wearing booties to cover their feet so no dirt, germs, or other bacteria will track into your home from their shoes.
- They are wearing gloves into our customer’s homes
- They are using hand sanitizer
- They are using facemasks when necessary
- They are making sure to wipe down their trucks, tools, or any equipment they are using
- They are washing their hands after every service call
We are also offering solutions to try and kill viruses such as the REME Halo UV light. If you are interested please give us a call at 718-720-4980.
Please be safe everyone!