How to Clean A Keurig
I’m sure many of you LOVE Coffee,,(who doesn’t?); If you use a Keurig Coffee Machine, have you ever actually taken some time to clean it? All you’ll need is a dry cloth, some water, white vinegar, and some soap as well. It’s a few simple steps
These are some simple Instructions to clean it:
- Unplug the machine:It's a simple but important step.
- Disassemble and wash removable parts:Remove the water reservoir and lid, mug stand, and also the K-cup holder. Wash these pieces in warm, soapy water and dry.
- Wipe machine surface:With a clean, dry cloth (or a damp cloth where needed), wipe the surface of the machine. Don't forget the area around the coffee pod holder where coffee and tea granules may collect. Return all the removable parts and plug in the machine.
- Grab the vinegar: White distilled vinegar will help descale (remove lime and scale buildup) your coffee maker, which is key to helping it run. (You can also use a descaling solution.) Fill the water reservoir halfway with vinegar.
- Add water: Fill the reservoir the rest of the way with water.
- Run the machine: Start the brew cycle without inserting a K-cup. Repeat until reservoir is empty, discarding the mug contents after each brewing cycle. This process will help remove lime and scale buildup. Keurig recommends descaling your brewer at least every 3 to 6 months depending on your water source.
- Repeat rinse with water:Repeat the process using only plain water in the reservoir to remove any residual vinegar taste.
- Use as usual: Then, when you're ready you can brew a cup of coffee like normal.
Make sure you protect your family’s health by cleaning your Keurig!
Schedule an appointment here https://www.pac-plumbing.com/#SCHEDULEROW
Like Us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PacPlumbingheating/