It’s no secret that the basement, or lowest level of your home, can flood. If it’s happened to you, you know it can be a real pain. Not getting the water out can cause major damage to the foundation of your home, promote mold growth, and eventually lead to thousands in repair costs. These things happen quickly and are hard to reverse.
PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning offers sump pump repair, replacement, and installation. It’s a great way to gain peace of mind and ensure your biggest investment is taken care of in the event of a flood.
Find out how you can save money on your next service with our latest online coupons and deals!
Reasons to Install a Sump Pump
A sump pump is a fantastic solution for homeowners with basements that flood or have a foundation that is located beneath the water table. They get rid of the water collected in the sump pit and prevent mold, mildew, and other issues that standing water causes. Because the water is no longer a problem, health issues like asthma, bronchitis, or even the common cold are kept at bay.
Here are a few other benefits of using a sump pump:
- Reduce Fire Risk: It may be counterintuitive, but after a flood of any type, the risk of fire increases. This is due to the electrical components and the fact that electricity and water don’t mix. A flood can easily damage wiring in an appliance. This means it shouldn’t be used anymore. In the worst case scenario, the damaged appliance can short out and start a house fire. Getting rid of water quickly with the help of a sump pump will help to keep this risk at bay.
- Less Chance for Mold and Mildew: The longer water sits in your basement, the more likely it is to start growing mold and/or mildew. That is a bigger problem than just the cost to get rid of it: it affects your health, too!
- Preventative Measures: Installing a sump pump will mitigate the risk of a full out basement flood by continually pumping out any water that comes in. You’ll still have a wet sump, but everything else will be just fine.
These benefits only work if you elect to buy a sump pump AND have it properly installed. At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning we’ll give you the knowledge you need to make an informed choice and then install it at a flat-rate.
Should I Repair or Replace my Sump Pump?
Unfortunately, just like any other household item, a sump pump can completely go out, malfunction, or be less efficient over time. When these things happen, you will need a reliable and trustworthy sump pump installation company. For Staten Island homeowners, we’re that company.
Here are a few things you should consider when looking to repair or replace your pump:
- A Decade of Use: Nothing lasts forever, and a sump pump is no exception to that rule. If your pump is getting to the 10-year mark, it’s about time to replace it. Do so BEFORE you need it.
- Noisy Operation: Remember how the pump first sounded when you installed it? Well, all that noise is an indicator that something isn’t right and there is some malfunction. A service technician will be able to point you in the right direction.
- Running Continuously: Your sump pump shouldn’t be running around the clock, and if it is, you take a chance on burning it out. It could be something simple to fix or a dying pump.
- Turning Off And On: This is likely a mechanical problem, and it’s one that could further damage the pump. One of our professionals will be happy to help get your sump pump back to full functionality.
Want to see what people in your area are saying about the quality of our services? Check out our recent customer reviews!
A sump pump won’t do any work if you buy it and it sits around the house. It will do about the same amount of work if it’s installed poorly. At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning we are your expert sump pump installation specialists. We’ll help you find the right unit and install it, so it works when you need it.