Your home’s hot water heater is used on a daily basis for everything ranging from bathing, cooking, cleaning, and washing clothes, which is why any malfunction could spell disaster for your Woodbridge Township, NJ home. At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, we are your one-stop for water heater services. Not only do we offer emergency repair services, but also we can help you replace your system with a newer model, and also offer ongoing maintenance to keep your system in top shape. As your plumbing contractors of choice, our goal is to keep your home comfortable and safe at all times.
Dealing with a plumbing emergency? Our staff is available 24/7 and offers prompt and affordable after-hours services.
Signs Water Heater Repairs Are Needed
Between showers, cooking, and cleaning, a family can go through hundreds of gallons of hot water each day. This paired with the fact that the average lifespan of a water heater is 8-12 years means as a homeowner you can expect to have to repair your unit at some point or another. It’s important that you’re able to recognize trouble signs early, so you can avoid major emergencies. Below are some signs to keep an eye out for:
- Discolored Water - When you notice rust-colored water coming through your pipes, it can indicate corrosion in your hot water tank. Rust is your first sign that leaks and cracks are not far behind. Discolored water can, of course, mean rusting in your pipes as well. Your plumbing technician can diagnose exactly where the problem is coming from before starting work.
- Tank Noise - When you hear rumbling noises coming from within your water tank, it can be due to sediment build-up, a former crack, or other deterioration. This requires urgent attention from a technician for repair.
- Leaks - Leaks in your water heater are usually caused by corrosion or expanding metal within your tank, but they can also stem from loose fittings or connections or an issue with your pressure overflow pipe. At the first signs of a leak, contact a professional technician so you can avoid any water damage issues.
- Age - Water heaters last about 8-10 years. When you notice your tank has reached this age, it’s important that you begin to look into options for replacement before your unit breaks down.
- Inconsistent Heating - Warm, cold, or too hot water temperatures can be indicative that you have a problem with your water heater. This issue can happen due to a broken heating element, an issue with your thermostat, or perhaps your tank is the wrong size for your home.
At the first sign of trouble, call PAC Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. One of our experienced water heater contractors can take care of your water heater replacement or repair quickly and at a fair price. We always take the time to properly diagnose the problem, ensuring a long-lasting solution the first time we come to your home.
The Importance of Routine Maintenance
Why is water heater maintenance important? Your tank can succumb to wear and tear as it ages or experiences other malfunctions. With routine professional service, you can ensure your water heater lasts throughout its life expectancy and continues to serve your household well. Some other perks include:
- Early detection of potential emergency repairs
- Lower energy costs
- Improved water pressure and performance
- More consistent temperatures
- Quieter operation
At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, we value our customer’s comfort. Water heater maintenance is an essential part of your service needs and can go a long way in helping you avoid emergency repairs and enjoy quality water heating when you need it most.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your Unit
Noticing the signs that there may be a problem with your water heater is one thing, but diagnosing and repairing your hot water tank is another. Water heaters require a professional diagnosis in order to specify where the problem is originating from and make the proper repairs.
If repair is no longer the best option, you may choose to replace your water heater. While it can be an unexpected expense, especially if you realize your water heater is beyond repair because it leaked water all throughout your home, it can have positive benefits, including:
- Added Property Value: Not only will you add value to your home, but many times water heater installation often has tax and property insurance incentives as well. You should always do research to find out what boosts a new unit can have on your home value.
- Lower Energy Costs: Newer water heaters are designed to consume less energy. Whether it’s more effective heating elements or power cycles that don’t waste electricity when you’re not home, a modern water heater will help pay for itself.
- Improved Functionality: Have you always struggled with temperature issues? Do you run out of hot water? With a new system in place, you’ll get improved functionality that you and your family can enjoy.
- Newer Options: Opting for water heater replacement means choosing the right unit for your home needs. This is the perfect opportunity to choose a larger unit with a higher capacity for your growing family or upgrade completely with a tankless water heater installation.
At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, our technicians are trained to make thorough and quick diagnoses that work best for your Woodbridge Township, NJ home. We keep your current plumbing system and family needs in mind and choose the best water heater for your installation.
Rather not deal with sudden flooding in your basement? Call us today for reliable sump pump services.
Call Us Today!
Since 1979, we’ve proudly served the residents of Woodbridge and the surrounding areas, and have handled all of their plumbing and water heater needs. When you call us for service, you can expect our technicians to walk you through the entire process from A to Z and ensure your water heater is working better than ever.
Not only will we resolve your immediate issue, but we’ll also make sure a long-term solution is put in place. Following repairs, we also have a maintenance and service plan available to our customers, guaranteeing your water heater stays in good repair even when we’re not there.