For a vast majority of homeowners in Woodbridge Township, NJ, central HVAC systems are the only way to keep cool or warm. While it’s the most common system, it isn’t necessarily the best in terms of customization or personalization. For homeowners looking for more control over their indoor temperatures, a ductless mini-split AC system installation may the better option. These small units power individual areas instead of your entire home, giving you the flexibility you’ve always wanted. At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, we are your installation experts, and can get your home comfortable again in no time!
Depending on a central heating and AC system? Make sure it’s in the best shape with our AC repair and maintenance services.
The Benefits of Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
Unlike a central HVAC system that has to heat or cool your entire home, ductless mini-split AC systems work in zones. By reducing the cooling area to a specific room or wing of your home, you get improved airflow and the versatility to regulate temperatures independently. Some of the other benefits you can enjoy include:
- Custom Temperatures: Families are tough to please, especially when you have people that enjoy different temperature extremes living under one roof. With a mini-split system, however, you can easily have varying temperatures in separate areas of the home, keeping everyone happy.
- Better Air Quality: Unlike HVAC systems that rely on ductwork to distribute air, which can be a breeding ground for bacteria and dust, these ductless systems provide you with direct air. This improves the air quality that you’re experiencing considerably.
- Lower Energy Costs: The main reason your AC burns so much energy is that it’s tasked with changing the temperature in the entire home. By reducing runtime and only heating and cooling areas you’re in, you’ll see a considerable drop in energy costs.
- Stronger Airflow: Another fault of air ducts is lost air. The further an area is from the central unit, the lower the airflow. With direct heating and cooling from your ductless system, you get stronger airflow and improved comfort.
With so many benefits, it’s no wonder many homeowners are making the change. Not only can ductless mini-split AC systems replace the need for central HVAC systems, but in many cases, they can work alongside them to provide you even more cooling options.
Also, for homeowners in Woodbridge Township, NJ that may be accustomed to window units, a ductless system offers quieter operation and better cooling, which is another reason to consider a change.
Signs Your Mini Split Needs Repairs
While they offer plenty of benefits and improved comfort, you’re still going to need ductless mini split AC system repairs at some point. If you’re not sure whether or not your unit needs it, look for these warning signs:
- Inconsistent temperature
- Higher than usual energy costs
- Low airflow
- Zone outages
- Condensation leaks
- Noisy air handlers
The biggest concern with a ductless heating and air system is condensation. Because they’re smaller and the drain line is also more compact, you always want to be sure your unit can drain properly. This is one of the reasons why professional installation is always needed.
Want to be sure you have quality heat in the winter? Schedule a furnace tune-up before the first flurries of winter, and enjoy some much-needed peace of mind.
Your Installation Pros
Whether you’re just hearing about ductless mini-split AC systems or you’ve been considering it for years, our HVAC pros at PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning are here to help. With award-winning services, affordable rates, and friendly staff, we can make your installation process simple and enjoyable. Before long, you’ll have a fully customizable system keeping you comfortable no matter the season!