Every year the winter weather hits Woodbridge Township, NJ, and every year you wonder, “is my furnace going to make it.” Whether your furnace has been giving you troubles for years or it’s starting to blow cold out of the blue, you need a trusted furnace contractor. At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, we are that heating company. Not only can we help with those major furnace emergencies, but also we can help keep your system running in top shape with our furnace tune-up program. And if the worst-case scenario comes true and you need a replacement as well, our technicians will be there to help you.
Dealing with an emergency, like a home with no heat? Our staff is available 24/7, so call us today!
Furnace Replacement Options
A furnace can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years, depending on the type of care it gets in your home. But even with the best upkeep, sometimes a replacement is just your better bet. While our technicians will always cover your options before starting work in your home, some things to consider include:
- Cost of Repair: If your furnace is on the older side and looking at an expensive repair, in some cases it’s best to weigh the risk and reward. While you can pay for a repair, you run the risk that it continues to break since it’s old. Or, you go with the new unit and resolve your issues once and for all.
- Energy Performance: Furnaces have energy ratings, which determine how efficient they are. If your unit is old, chances are that rating is old too. If you’re looking for added savings, upgrading is the route to take.
- Size of Unit: Have you made home additions in recent years? Are there areas of your home that don’t get enough hot air? An undersized unit may be a problem, and upgrading to something with higher capacity can solve it.
- Loud Operation: While furnaces are not known for how quiet they are, as your unit deteriorates it can get even nosier. Whether it’s banging, screeching, or humming, a new unit will be considerably quieter.
When we begin the furnace installation process, we start by assessing your home. The square footage, existing ductwork, infrastructure, and your needs can all impact the unit we choose for your home. We only work with high-quality parts and components, ensuring that the unit you get installed will last for years to come.
How Can a Tune-Up Benefit Your Home?
The best way to avoid the need for a furnace replacement is to keep up with your ongoing maintenance. While a furnace tune-up right before the winter can offer plenty of benefits, routine plans are also key. With ongoing maintenance, you’ll not only keep most emergency repair issues at bay but also you can improve the performance of your unit.
Because your furnace is one of the larger consumers of electricity when working, making it more efficient goes a long way to cutting costs. Another great perk of furnace maintenance is the extended appliance lifespan. You’ll be sure to hit the average lifespan of about 10 years with careful service from a qualified heating contractor.
Finally, with ongoing maintenance, you can improve your air quality. One of the essential parts of the maintenance process is replacing the furnace filter. This not only helps the system run better but also it can catch more of the impurities in the air that wreak havoc on your home and health.
When To Call for Furnace Repairs
Knowing who to call for your furnace repair needs is just as important as knowing when to call. At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, we pride ourselves on our ability to educate our customers. By ensuring you know how your system works, we can serve you more effectively.
Some of the main reasons you’re going to want to call for furnace repairs include:
- Low Airflow: Put your hands up to your vents. Do you feel little if any airflow? Your furnace should be able to produce strong airflow throughout your home.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: Your furnace should hit consistent temperatures at all times. If it sometimes blows piping hot and other times lukewarm, at the very least you should have it inspected.
- High Energy Costs: If your furnace needs repairs, it’s going to struggle to heat your home. The harder it has to work, the more energy it will burn, rising your energy costs astronomically, particularly during the winter months.
- Power Cycling: Does your furnace turn off and on multiple times? This is called power cycling, and it could indicate that your furnace is either damaged or there is an electrical issue in your home.
- Inefficient Heating: Does your furnace take longer than usual to heat your home? Either there’s a temperature concern or a mechanical component preventing it from working as efficiently as possible.
- Strange Smells: Whether it’s a burning smell from electrical issues or a general foul odor, there’s a problem. In some instances, it can be as simple as replacing the furnace filter. Other times, a technician will have to inspect the unit and ductwork to ensure nothing is out of place.
- Fuel Source: If you have an oil or gas furnace, you want to be sure your heating element looks good. Your pilot light should be a blue color with a light yellow tip. If it’s any other color, you should call for help immediately as it could signal an issue with your gas line.
When our technicians arrive, we’ll immediately get to troubleshooting your system. Whether it’s a mechanical issue, electrical, or general wear and tear, we take the time to get to the bottom of your situation, ensuring a longer-lasting repair.
Want to be sure your furnace keeps repairs at bay? Find out how our Home Care Club can help you save money.
Your Reliable Furnace Service Company
At PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, we’ve been serving the community since 1979. In that time we’ve perfected our furnace services to include repairs, replacements, and maintenance, covering any possible issue you may have.
No one wants to come home to freezing temperatures in the middle of winter. When something goes wrong with your furnace, you can trust that we’ll be there to help you get it back up and running.