Every homeowner's worst nightmare is walking into their basement only to find it’s been flooded. Flooding can be caused by a number of issues, including poor construction and waterproofing, groundwater seepage, heavy rain, and snow, or malfunctioning basement bathrooms. When your basement floods, not only can your stored valuables be destroyed, it can also compromise the structure and foundation of your Staten Island, NY home.
Sump pumps were designed to stop the destruction of basement flooding, and our plumbing pros at PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning can help you. With our installation and repair services, we can ensure your home is never at risk of flood damage, giving you much-needed peace of mind.
Another cause of flooding? Burst pipes! Contact us for fast repairs from our plumbing pros!
Signs Your Sump Pump is Failing
When your sump pump isn’t working properly, disaster can strike. Keeping an eye out for signs that your unit is failing or needs repair can be key to avoiding costly damage. Watch for these signs in your home:
- Odd Noises - When you hear grinding or clicking coming from your sump pump, it could mean your pump is close to needing repair or on the verge of failing.
- Not Running - When your pump is supposed to turn on but doesn’t, you could have a jammed switch issue that requires repair.
- Lack of Water - Your sump pit should have water in it when it’s running. If there’s little to no water, but the sump pump is on, you have a problem that needs professional assistance rapidly.
- Bad Smell - The smell of mold and mildew in your basement can be one of the first indicators of a problem. The presence of these odors means your sump pump isn’t keeping your basement dry as it should.
Stay prepared for the unexpected. If you suspect your unit is in need of service, we’re here to help. Not only do we offer sump pump repair services, but we can schedule ongoing maintenance, so you always know your unit is in the best working order.
Choosing Between Submersible & Pedestal Sump Pumps
In the case that you need to have a new sump pump installed, your PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning technician will review the two different options with you: submersible and pedestal.
- Submersible: These models are typically the preferred option by homeowners because they are quieter and less obvious. They’re installed directly inside of your sump pit and offer faster response times to rising water levels.
- Pedestal: A pedestal sump pump is more economical, but is raised up above the sump pit and tends to be louder and more noticeable. It uses a type of float that sits inside of the pit to measure water levels and is ideal for homes with less space.
When your PAC Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning technician arrives for your appointment, they can help you decide which sump pump option is right for you. Whichever you choose, you’re guaranteed to get the best pricing in Woodbridge Township, NJ!
From sump pump services to kitchen plumbing, we have you covered!
Time to Call for Backup
The difference between your home’s structure being compromised by a flooded basement and staying dry is how quickly you address your sump pump problems. At the first signs of trouble, call PAC Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning. With our sump pump services, we take care of everything, including repair, new system installations, and ongoing maintenance, so you always have peace of mind in your home.